
I love reading this book to my students every year. It has a great message of
friendship and kindness and how people can make a difference in others' lives.
Mr. Hatch is a lonely man who works at a shoelace factory
who is mistakenly given a large package of Valentine candy by the postman.
His life changes as he begins to realize that someone loves him.
He starts interacting with people and doing kind deeds for them.
After he finds out it was a mistake he returns to his lonely, quiet ways.
but his neighbors and friends soon discover the problem and shower him with balloons, banners, and a shiny new harmonica. Someone does indeed love him.
You might want to add this book to your own collection. I LOVE IT!
2 comments:
I had forgotten about that book. I remember reading it when I was younger but it has been a long long time. You are such a good teacher.
That sounds like a great book that I'd love to add to my collection!
Post a Comment