Today (Saturday) I went with my daughter Michelle to the Salt Lake City Farmers' Market located down town at Pioneer Park.
(She had to drag me there-I had so much to do at home- but I'm glad she did.)
We had a great time!
(Click, then click again to enlarge)
We enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the market, including the crazy assortment of people, the colorful displays of nature's harvest, the aromas of fresh bakery items and roasting meats, and lots of creative crafts.
We enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the market, including the crazy assortment of people, the colorful displays of nature's harvest, the aromas of fresh bakery items and roasting meats, and lots of creative crafts.
Our big splurge was a $4.00 freshly squeezed lime/mint drink.
Yes, we could have had four large drinks for the same price, but it was so refreshing and cold!
We also shared a Caribbean style chicken kabob which was heavenly!
It is a nice market and I'm sure the local vendors appreciate the support of the community.
If you live near by, go and check it out.
(Saturdays and Tuesday evenings)
Learn more here.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Here is Julie's salad recipe.
Here is Julie's salad recipe.
Julie's Lime Scented Mango-Strawberry Salad
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons grated lime zest
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
3 cups trimmed, sliced strawberries (2 lb.)
3 cups peeled, diced mangoes
(Bananas or pineapple are also good in the salad.)
Combine sugar and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sugar has dissolved (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool. Stir in lime zest and juice. Let cool to room temperature. Mix strawberries with mangoes in a large bowl. Add syrup and gently stir until well mixed. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
It was a tasty salad (and so pretty), but we decided that we would like to try pineapple in it, too!


21 comments:
I love all of your pictures. Looks like the 2 of you had a good time. I always love farmers markets. I don't know why we didn't start going to them a long time ago...
Great looking salad, and it sure does look like a fantastic time at the market!
Looks like the farmer's market in your neck of the woods is selling great stuff!
I'm glad you decided to go with me. It was fun! That fresh mint limeade was pretty awesome. We'll have to figure out how to make some.
Wonderful visit to the farmers market. The mango-strawberry salad look yummy.
The raspberries look so good and I wish I could take the drink from the picture.
Great mosaic ... you really captured the atmosphere so well. Love the look of that salad.
Farmers markets are wonderful places to get fresh produce in the summer. Looks like you had a good day.
I love farmers markets and you captured this one! They are not only good for produce, but the people watching is fun, too! Thanks for the recipe.
I love Farmers Markets. It's one nice thing about living in California - they're year round! ::Jill
Hi, awww everything looks so good! Thanks so much for the awesome recipe! I hope that you have a beautiful new week!
Hugs...
Bobbi
Love farmers markets! That salad looks fabulous!
A fun mosiac! You can't be in Pioneer park without a bird on someone's neck!!!
We haven't been but I have wanted to go. Now reading this I think we might. I need some fresh fruit and veggies to can.
Thanks for the Salad recipe...it looks yummy.
I am sorry I didn't finally get to meet you at at Kristin's wedding:( I was hoping to.
Enjoy a great new year at school, my sis is feeling out of the loop. She was one who was laid off with the Jordan District cuts this year.
~♥
The salad looks delicious and I love farmer's markets. Last time I was at the local Saturday market, I bought garden art shaped like flowers that was made from old glass plates and ashtrays.
Wow! What a great farmers market! Lovely mosaic! ~Diana
What fun you must have had!! Grand pics! Cathy
We had farmers market here too, but not as colourful as yours. Great photos a mosaic.
I love a good farmer's market, and yours looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing at MM. :)
So was that salad as amazing as it looks??? That's one I definitely want to put on my "to try" list! And farmers markets are so fun! I'm glad you got dragged in to enjoying one on your day off. :)
I love your market photos and the lime/mint drink sounds so refreshing!
Julie's fruit salad also sounds so yummy!
There is nothing like a visit to the farmer’s market on a Saturday morning. I always love the colors, seeing my friends, and going home with a bag full of yummy goodies. Your mosaic is so cute with the little writing in the middle top. I really have enjoyed visiting your blog, and will be back to see you again. Hope you have a wonderful week of blogging.
Hugs,
Genie
buttonsforbaga over at blogspot
Post a Comment