Monday, August 10, 2009

I LOVE Facebook (at least today)!

The old Fairview Gang


I just saw these old pictures posted on Facebook by a granddaughter of one of these people.
(Alicia Bronson Lesser)
These people were my parents and their wonderful friends
and
I have never seen these pictures before!
(My dad is the second from the right on the back row.
Mom is the second from the right on the chairs.)

We spent so much time with each of them and their children.

We went on canyon picnics together, annual trips to Yellowstone (caravan style), and enjoyed so many other fun activities.

They all knew how to work and how to play.
They were the best of friends.





What a bunch of handsome men!
(They look so young.)
(Dad is on the left.)


They were all fun loving, too.
This picture is my dad and Helen (who is actually a cousin).

So many of them have passed away and seeing them together and happy just made my day.
Thanks for sharing wonderful old photos!

Doesn't it just make you wish everyone would dig out their old photos and share them, too!!!
(Think of the hidden treasures!)

7 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

It looks like grandma and grandpa would have enjoyed our camping trip last week. Those are fun pictures though!

Lacey said...

Isn't it amazing the way that technology makes us able to share such treasures? What fun family pictures!

Kelli said...

I saw that on facebook too. How fun!!

Julie said...

Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing. They were a fun bunch to grow up with! Great memories...

Joanna and Eric said...

Ahh I love those pictures! That's great

Marg said...

The wonder of scanning our pictures. Facebook and Blogging have become such an artistic field for me....It's my first hobby ever.
I absolutely love using technology to share our memories.

You sound like you have had a happy family while you were young and growing up. What a blessing.

I'm in the process of creating a new recipe blog for those girls of mine. That way they can access them anywhere online. It's so much fun!

Holly said...

I agree. Just when I've given up on Facebook AGAIN, someone (or an old photo) pops back into my life via the computer and makes it worth the time it takes to keep up with Facebook. I just need to discipline myself into not wasting so much time. :-)