
(photos by Google.com)Moving:
Packing, cleaning, sorting, tossing, and finding lost treasures,
so that you can take things from one place and move them to another and then rearrange, refresh, redo and start all over again.
I'm glad that it isn't something I have had to do very often.
(I grew up in just one house, lived in a few apartments/dorms during college and early marriage, and have lived in the same house ever since.)
My in-laws moved quite a bit all over the country and they loved meeting new people and exploring different cities and cultures.
Both have pros and cons.
This week was moving day for Liz, Karl, and Maddie.
They aren't moving far, but the work is just as great as if they were.
They have been getting ready for over a month.
Boxes have been packed, labeled, and hauled away.
Walls, windows, ovens, cupboards, floors, etc. have been scrubbed.
And now they get to reverse the whole process by unpacking and setting up house again.
HANG IN THERE!
It will be worth it- eventually!
Maddie sitting on one of the last pieces of furniture left in their apartment!
3 comments:
You can post as many as you want. Isn't it nice that there are no rules. I loved your moving photo...Such is life.
And I loved those skirts...So cute, but I must admit, I bought a sewing machine last year to make book bags for my daughter the teacher and it's sits here....and I look at it...and go outside and work in my garden.
I am SOOOO glad we are getting closer to being done. I really don't think i can handle much more of this moving thing. Especially if I have to spend the next month cleaning our new place so I can feel like I get to enjoy all the cleaning I have had to do. Thanks for coming up the other week to help me out. I really appreciated it. There is NO way I could have done this all on my own. I love you!
Moving is a hassle. I've been begging to move for YEARS now. NO GO! I hope they are happy in their new home.
LOVE THE SKIRTS! Thanks for sharing.
Sandra
Post a Comment