With summer winding down and school starting, we have slowed our pace of work on the playhouse. However, I thought I’d show you the front door (even though it’s still a work in progress).
Because it is not a regular size (it’s only five feet tall), Ken had to remake it from another door, but I think it looks pretty cute. He also made it a Dutch door, by cutting it in half.
We took off the door knob when we painted. Please squint and don’t pay attention to all the unfinished areas around it. The floor is going to be painted, too. (It was planned, but after having the kids help paint, it is now a necessity.)
Oh…
The color on the door is called Grandma’s Sweater
by Benjamin Moore (#787).
Hopefully, before too long we can show the completed house (at least the outside)!
JoAnn
P.S. Funny thought from one of my new students as he was returning to class following a nose bleed:
“The office told me not to inhale or exhale for a while.”
And you thought your kids were safe at school! Ha ha!
5 comments:
Haha I love the breathing comment. Kids are too funny. I love the door too. I want it to be done now :)
Oh dear - I hope you set the little fellow right!
I can't wait to see the completed house - the door is adorable.
what a perfect name for the paint color.......since it is a playhouse built by grandma and grandpa.
there will be hours of fun and memories in that little building.
and I will remember next time I get a nose bleed...to NOT inhale or exhale.
I love Benjamin Moore colors...
Now I'm worried about that little man...I thought teachers were supposed to be their best friend.
My teachers are busy getting back to work...I have not been called to help yet..so maybe I'm off the leash this year.
Enjoy this new season.
The playhouse is already so awesome! I love the paint color you chose for the door! :)
Post a Comment