Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Times ..They Are A Changin’…. and other “Stuff”

Good bye Halloween!

Today I boxed up all the Halloween “stuff and put it away until next year.  I had to take one final picture of the table/witch’s legs.  I got this idea on Pinterest.

(Sorry, the rug makes it hard to see-as does the blurry photo.)

shoes 1

Winter pushed fall right out the door today, as we woke up to see

all this white “stuff” weighing down the tree branches.

2011_1105November0027

We finally got a bid from the tree man to cut down our huge elm tree.   Only $3,500.  Gasp!  Choke!  Cough! 

I guess it will involve a

lot of equipment, power lines,  and other “stuff”.

(We are trying to find another bid.  That money could pay for a cruise or something much more fun!)

And finally…

We will get an extra hour to sleep tonight, but I’m choosing to stay up late and do  fun

stuff” like write a new blog post.

clock 1

(clock from Google)

Have a great weekend!

JoAnn

6 comments:

Pondside said...

Yikes! That's a lot of money to have the tree removed! I hope you get another quote that's waaaaay cheaper.
I love those witches legs!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

oh my goodness! That is a lot of money!!!! But it does have to go so I hope we can find someone cheaper.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Oh and PS. Brooklyn saw the picture of your fence on your blog and said, "Mom! It's Grandma Jo's!"

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I had a storm damaged tree cut down in my backyard a few summers ago and it was also very expensive. :( We reduced the price by leaving the stump -- removal would have cost $1,000!

I love the table's witch legs....lol...I will have to remember that for next year!

Lacey said...

What great stuff! (Except the price of that tree being removed... ouch!!!) The witch legs on your table are brilliant!

wendy said...

wow...that is a lot of money to cut down a tree.
Just get a chain saw, and hack away a bit at a time.
I love the witch table legs, very cool.