Saturday, April 21, 2012

A blast from the past and some more spring color

 

I’m excited to say that  I have indeed enjoyed some reflective moments this weekend listening to some old, familiar songs from my teenage years

and

I have taken a few new pictures, too.

I haven’t managed the wild free ride in an open car part, yet.

(If you are wondering how the two things connect- they  really don’t, except that they both make me happy.)

You can listen to the music as you scroll down the post.

Remember his concert, Barbara? 

We were so excited to tag along with her brother.

 

(This one is just a sampler-you don’t get the whole song and some of this music is not my favorite.)

 

 

 

But first, Happy Birthday, Linda!

image

 

We had a fun birthday party last night!

image

 

image

image

I just love these flowers against the white fence,

 

image

and these flowers climbing the rocks.

image

More tulips…

image

image

The weekend isn’t over yet…..

stay tuned!

JoAnn

8 comments:

wendy said...

obviously....you and I lived the same time period. I love all thos old songs !!!
I put a ton of them on my Itunes.
(or whatever it's called)

your flowers are lovely. We are about a month behind Utah, and even then, some of the things that grow where you are DO NOT grow here.
It is a struggle for me.
I think we need to look into moving somewhere WARMER eh.

Pondside said...

That's my music too. Do you remember Del Shannon's 'Runaway'? How about Sonny James 'From a Jack to a King'?
They are a little before my time, but my aunt and uncle had a restaurant and would give me the old juke box 45s. I loved all the oldies!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your yard. Once again. I have yard envy. It's so green and pretty. :) I know you work really hard to make it that way, so I don't wonder why it looks so good.

Mimi Sue said...

The music sure brings back the memories! Hasn't it been a beautiful spring here in Utah? Mimi

Marcia said...

The flowers are beautiful. You do such a great job with your yard.

Auntie Linda said...

The yard looks awesome. Will you give me a start of the flower we talked about? I could trade you some hostas or ferns.

monica said...

Beautiful!!

Do you happen to have a picture (or a few) of Naomi when she was a little girl that you could email me? Or perhaps any of my mother too? I know you all gathered a ton after the funreal.

thx!

m

Marg said...

What an uplifting post...the colors, the white fence, the music...I can hear it all. Sounds like a perfect occasion for all.