Spring Break did not disappoint.
It wasn’t exciting and thrilling to document,
but it was productive
and we had some fun, too.
First off, our crab-apple tree decided to time its grand entrance for this week.
This tree really makes me happy right now!
At the end of the summer all those pink blossoms become little apples that fall. Then- not so much.
It is a price I’m willing to pay.
Our painting job is coming along.
Some of you expressed concern that we were headed in a boring brown direction, but we had it red for around ten years and we needed a change. (I still love red.) This room opens up to three other rooms and that involves a lot of color matching, so we needed something kind of neutral.
We had quite a debate about what to do with the wooden shelves.
Nobody loved the color of the stain so we decided to paint.
(These permanent decisions are too stressful!)
I had wanted to paint the backs the wall color, but after another debate we decided it made all the decorations disappear and blend in too much.
(My good husband did a lot of extra work to allow me to “see for myself”.)
We are slowing getting things finished and I can’t wait for all the messes to be cleaned up.
Half of the bookcase is now finished..
We are pleased with how it turned out.
We also enjoyed a fun family Easter party in Idaho. There was lots of food and plenty of cousins.
Easter eggs were created.
The weather cooperated and we had an outdoor egg/candy hunt.
The Easter Bunny even made an appearance.
The worst part of Spring Break…..
It didn’t last long enough!
JoAnn
8 comments:
I still LOVE the brown. And even more than that, I LOVE the white cupboards. I can't wait to see it completely finished. Dad really has done a wonderful job at rolling with the punches. I'm so glad he's my daddy. :)
I love the brown and the painted cabinets - and I especially love that crab apple tree! You are so lucky to have those blossoms right in front of you. Funny, how we both went for the blossoms this week!
The home improvement projects look great! Can't wait to see them in person. It was fun to get together with you all at Easter....sure love our family!
I wasn't always on board with the brown but I think the room has turned out great. Sorry spring break is over
Your bookcases look very similar to the ones we are building. Mine will be white too. I do love that brown it makes such a sharp contrast with the white. My honey and I have many 'discussions' too. Mimi
That was most adorable. I love your creativity with your painting. Those shelves looks so new and contemporary. I love how one can bring that all together.
And those kids are so adorable. I love that little gal with all the Easter eggs.
The toom's chocolate brown walls and crisp white cabinets looks so pretty, JoAnn! I agree the white cabinet background makes your books and colectibles stand out.
Your beautiful crab apple tree is so full of blossoms! Can you do anything with crab apples?
It looks like the childrenall had fun--the baby us getting big!
Love the new look in the family room. The white really shows off the beautiful new walls.
Post a Comment