Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Little Play House Time...finally

This morning I had some fun decorating the loft of our play house.
I felt just like a little kid!
(I must admit that little children will have a much easier time moving around than I did.)
 
After a really long wait, things are almost finished, although
Ken still wants to touch up some paint on the main floor.

I'm so excited to reveal part of the play house.
Drum roll, please.....



























It is interesting how things fell in to place.  We had some flooring left over from another project, but not quite enough to cover the whole loft.  That led to the idea of putting a little book case on the end where the flooring wouldn't reach.  I love the storage of the book case so I think it was a good problem/ solution.  All the little bears had been living in a box in the basement and needed a good home.  We found the rug on sale at Home Goods.  I bought the pillow two years ago before we even started building.


I feel so blessed to have a talented husband who can create wonderful things.  This little house was built with the labor of love.



If you can't  find me, I may be hiding up here with a good book!

T H A N K S   K E N !







12 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love LOVE love how it turned out! I still have a little bit of childhood envy... but I guess I can live through my children. :) Great job Daddy! And great job at decorating our dream home Mom!

Kelli said...

It's perfect! A dream playhouse!!!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

The playhouse is just adorable! What fun!!!

Irene said...

I love how the loft turned out, we'll have to come over this week to play in it!

Anonymous said...

The loft looks amazing! You and Dad did a great job finishing it.

Katie C.

Joanna and Eric said...

So amazingly wonderful!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a sweet playhouse for your grandchildren to play in! They will make wonderful memories in it, Joann.

Mimi Sue said...

It's just adorable! I think I'd move right in if I were you. Mimi

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Oh I love it....can I hangout with you?

Marg said...

DRUM Roll for sure. I love how you put this together for your little girls and why not feel like one yourself.
Enjoy the place and read another book.
Ken, you did one fantastic job.

wendy said...

It is absolutely charming. I love the blue in there. Every grandchild of yours will create and discover a little "magic" in there.

Pondside said...

Every grandma should have a playhouse! If I were you, I'd be up there too! I used the cookbook again, for Thanksgiving dinner - Grandma's Yummy Sweet Potatoes....yummy!