I'm pulling out the welcome sign.
Our little house is finally finished!
At first it was just a dream, but once we decided to build it, no time was lost getting things ready.
All the ivy had to come out.
We hired the best demolition crew we could afford.
All the ivy had to come out.
We hired the best demolition crew we could afford.
Then the first wall went up.
The building was starting to take shape.
Eventually it was time to paint.
(We found out the same crew could also do the painting.)
The whole building process seemed to take forever!
(Maybe we should have hired union workers!)
After a lot of blood, sweat, and tears
the little house was finally finished.
We love it!
Come inside for a little look.
All the furniture was bought through the want-ads and painted.
Our grandchildren are excited to come and play.
(Yes, I'm a little afraid to really let them use it-but that is what we built it for so I'll try.)
Well, there you have it.
We hope this house will be a happy place,
a place where dreams come true,
laughter is heard,
memories are made,
creativity is encouraged,
and love is shared.
Thanks to my husband for being a wonderful carpenter!
(Yes, I may finally be happy that you have always saved left-over lumber and supplies.)
“If you are a dreamer come in.
If you are a dreamer,
If you are a dreamer,
a wisher,
a liar (editor's note: ok, maybe not that)
A hoper,
A hoper,
a pray-er,
a magic-bean-buyer,
If you're a pretender come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!”
― Shel Silverstein
If you're a pretender come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!”
― Shel Silverstein
JoAnn
I'm linking this to Emily A. Clark.





6 comments:
Oh Joann it is adorable! You and your husband did a wonderful job making this beautiful play house come true and I'm sure many happy memories will be made there!
I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it! Seriously, this playhouse is a dream come true for me... If only it had been finished 20 years earlier. :) But I am glad my kids will get to love and enjoy it for years to come!
The house looks fantastic! Now we need to have a party!
Katie C.
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!
Monica
It is beautiful and better decorated than my house. Care to come up to Redmond and make a twin?
Your grandkids will love it.
I want a little house! ;) So cute - I'm sure the grandkids love it! Thanks for linking up.
Post a Comment