
(Pinterest Link or you can go visit the original funkyjunkinteriors.net on the photo. The blog has some fun ideas of creations made from good old junk.) Go visit and see for yourself.
It’s that time of year when I find myself needing a little color.
I’ve enjoyed winter and we have received some much needed snow for summer’s moisture.
I am grateful for that.
However….
I’m tired of winter!
I am a spring lover.
Gardening, flowers, country gardens (and accents) all make me happy.
Even getting my hands dirty digging in the soil is therapeutic for me.
I actually enjoy pulling weeds!
Looking out my window right now I’m reminded that winter has not finished her course yet- I must be patient for a little longer.
Did I mention that I’m not very patient?
In a wonderful talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf in the Women’s October General Conference, 2011, entitled “Forget ME Not”, he counsels us to
“…forget not to be happy now.”
(He uses the metaphor of the small, simple forget-me-not flower to remind us of five good things we need to not forget about in our lives.)
I do know that I need to enjoy being where I am right now.
Summer will come.
He reminds us that if we wish our life away we might miss some of life’s most sweet experiences.
If you look carefully at the photo above you will see little crystals shining in the sun. It was quite stunning and almost magical, although the photo only captures a part of it.
I am going to try really hard to enjoy the snow a little longer.
You can listen to this wonderful message here.
I promise you will be enriched!
JoAnn
3 comments:
I love dads garbage can trail across the backyard and I LOVE that talk. He sure hit just about it all right on the nose. Anyway I also thought it was important to remember that i have a new yard that is going to need a lot of love this year. And I'm sure we could even find a few weeds to pull while you are at it. :)
What a great post...forgetting not the little things that make us happy. I need to remind myself to stay happy during our rainy gloom weather. I love snow and I can see those sparkles. That's why I still have some white lit trees in my home reminding me that winter is still here and the yellow tulips remind me that spring is just around the corner.
I enjoyed listening to Uchtdorf's talk. Very positive and supportive!
Post a Comment