Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A new look for an old piece of furniture

Some people can just preform miracles.

Our daughter-in-law Irene gave this old (but comfy) ottoman a fresh, new look.

IMG_1913

Choosing a crisp, bright new fabric (and losing the tassels), and adding some pleats brought this ottoman into the twenty-first century.

IMG_1917

They needed some color in their new family room and this really did the trick.

Don’t you think it looks cute?

You can read how she did it here.

JoAnn

 

5 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

She really did a great job on that. I don't think I would even have attempted. :)

wendy said...

my goodness what an incredible transformation

Mimi Sue said...

Sooo cute! Love those red and white stripes. Mimi

Pondside said...

I like it! I've often thought that such an ottoman would be a perfect addition to the living room - for the same reason...a splash of colour. She did a beautiful job.

Marg said...

That is stunning. Sometimes those are the best projects and they have their own stories attached to them.
Thanks for sharing. It looks beautiful.