Thursday, September 19, 2013

Take me away….Calgon

 

Are you old enough to remember the old television commercials for Calgon Bath Oil Beads?

In the 1980’s the commercials always showed a tired, frazzled woman at the end of a harried day, stressed out from her job, kids, or other frustrating life situations.  She would be waiting for a relaxing soak in a tub full of fragrant bubbles and she would always end with the phrase, “Calgon, take me away!”

I just took a really long, hot soak in the tub.

Yes, it was one of those days!

Since no one wants to hear complaining, I thought I’d show a few pictures of some of my busy summer projects instead.

(I’m trying to refocus my attitude!)

♥ We freshened up some walls and added a few new accessories. 

♥ Several closets were painted, cleaned out, and organized.

♥ A guest bedroom was spruced up, including installing new flooring.

♥ Furniture was rearranged.

♥ Bargain curtains were ordered through a catalog.

♥ Things were repurposed.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Well, I do feel a little bit better now.

My desk at school is still piled high with pressing “busy work”, but I can deal with that tomorrow.

(I may have a little Scarlet O’Hara syndrome.)

Here’s  a happy thought-

Tomorrow is Friday!

Have a great weekend.

JoAnn

 

8 comments:

Stacey said...

We all deserve a little Scarlett syndrome every now and then!

Your home looks amazing. I'm not sure what you showed that's new or old because it all looks perfect. You use very pretty colors and accessories.

Today is Friday...just hang in there!

Anonymous said...

This is a test for Sue. Just type and then hit anonymous below.

Anonymous said...

Oops@ Don't forget to sign your name!
JoAnn

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I think you've done a great job on all your summertime projects. I'n just sorry I wasn't of more help.

Marg said...

Well, you've completed your inside...while I've completed my gardening projects for this fall. I love looking at your organizing projects. Great ideas...especially those quilts...they become a real decor in the room.
Keep soaking in the Calgon bath beads...That's a good hint for me.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I like the built in shelves you have in your bedrooms! I noticed all the piano music you have organized. Do you also teach piano, JoAnn? When we bought this house the seller sold us her piano. I'm hoping one or more of my grandchildren will learn to play!

I hope you have a better, calmer week coming up!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Sue

Anonymous said...

I think it worked...once again, thanks for your help! SS