Warning….lots of photos coming up….
On Saturday we took advantage of the warm, sunny weather and took a little drive to see the last of fall’s parting colors.
The red maples in the valley were still stunning , but with two rainy weekends before, the crimson colors in the hills were mostly gone.
We went south to Provo. I always love the rugged foothills above the BYU campus.
The snow covered peaks that you see in the background are Mt. Timpanogas.
We then traveled north and east, going up Provo Canyon,heading for the Alpine Loop Scenic Drive.
What’s a fall outing without a little picnic, even if it was a little chilly in the shade?
Our son Andrew, his wife Irene, and two kids went with us (actually, we went with them).
We turned off the main road and drove past the famous Sundance Ski Resort. Don’t you love the yellow aspens?
This is the back side of Mt. Timpanogas. Isn’t it stunning?
Some lucky folks have a mountain cabin tucked in this beautiful setting. I’m jealous!
Utah has some amazing mountains.
Time for a little photo shoot.
The road wasn’t quite as bad as the Road of Death in Bolivia that we saw on television, but I found myself holding my breath a few times. The speed limit of thirty miles per hour was more than ample for my taste.
Lots of other people had the same idea of enjoying the leaves.
It was a fun day.
I hated to see it end!
“Autumn...the year's last, loveliest smile.”
JoAnn
5 comments:
We do live in a beautiful place. I love our mountains! And I especially love this time of year. Glad you guys had fun on your trip.
Beautiful breath taking pictures!! What a wonderful way to spend the day!
I'm glad you got a new battery because you're pictures turned out great. And thanks for doing some impromptu family pictures for us.
What beautiful photos, JoAnn! I have yet to travel through Utah, but someday I hope to! The aspens where I live in the foothills are now at their peak--the high country is already covered with a foot of snow. I was happy to see the autumn trees upstate NY once more last week. Autumn is my favorite season!
I love the mountains in Utah. Breathtaking!
Post a Comment