Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013

halloween word

 

Halloween was a little different at our house this year from years in the past.

We weren’t sure we would even have a party. 

There was a lot going on that kept us undecided. 

Not many people besides our immediate family could arrange their schedules to even come. 

My costume kept malfunctioning.

My sister Linda was recovering from surgery. 

Ken’s sister wasn’t doing well.

Work was crazy busy.

I was really tired.

Would we?

Should we?

Could we even pull it off?

Our kids said we needed to do it for the little ones.

After all,

It is a tradition now.

image

image

(We missed little Paul!)

So we went ahead with it!

Everyone was welcomed and given a warm, red-necked greeting.

image

A few were dressed for the occasion.

image

image

The mood was set.

image

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

We ended up having a good time.

Thanks to Amy, Trevor, Sadie, and Carson for joining us!

P.S.  Four year old Brooklyn gave me something to think about when when said, “Grandma Jo, that witch on the fireplace looks like you!”

image

P.P.S.  Next year it’s back to the home-made spudnuts- big difference!

7 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I sure love our Halloween parties... Even if it was a bit scaled back this year. And as far as the whole Brooklyn thing goes... Ah, who am I kidding? That girl is hilarious. It's a good thing you love her though. :)

Auntie Linda said...

Sorry we missed Halloween. Loved seeing the costumes! I laughed right out loud at the witch comment!

The Gathering Place said...

Auntie Linda has left a new comment on your post "Halloween 2013":

Sorry we missed Halloween. Loved seeing the costumes! I laughed right out loud at the witch comment!

Rosella said...

Oh that looks like a fun time for sure! You really did put a lot of effort in that party. Fun and memorable times for all. From the mouths of babes - too funny.

Marg said...

I too laughed at your last comment of the witch. Only little ones can get away with that. I love how you get dressed up and celebrate Halloween???and it's like you said....you do it for the kids....
Just finished spending a week with the kids in HA and the tearful goodbyes....and yet, we do it to bring everyone together....it,s all about Family......now I can sit, read and knit again.

Mimi Sue said...

Looks like lots of fun! Gotta love a good halloween party! Mimi

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It looks like you all had a lot of fun!

I was glad we celebrated early, on the weekend before, as Halloween day was very cold and blustery here. The little ones would not have had any fun.