Who doesn’t love a good bargain?
We’ve been looking for a headboard for a guest bedroom in our house for quite some time.
Since it wasn’t a real necessity, we only allowed ourselves a small budget.
We’ve checked out the local want ads.
Walked through Ikea.
Checked the want ads again.
Waited.
We actually found one we really liked-but someone beat us to it.
(Somebody got a steal for $40!)
A week ago my husband surprised me with a little creation he just put together in the garage.
He ended up spending around $70, and some manual labor time, but he surpassed my goal by a long shot.
Here it is before he painted it.
I married a real craftsman!
Actually, he has so many amazing projects to his credit.
Lucky me!
It is now in place, just waiting for a couple of pillow cases to be stitched up.
(Now, if I could get him to learn to sew!)
I’m hoping to get things finished up this weekend.
JoAnn
P.S. Do you love making something over, or do you save up for something really nice?
8 comments:
Wow! Great work, Ken! I love to see all of your projects.
That's wonderful! So much nicer that your husband made it. :)
Wow! We want to see when it is finished!
You can't post about it without including the after picture! You better hurry up and finish those pillows. :)
I love those handy, practical skills that can be used and valued. It's amazing how you appreciate 'a labor of love'
It's so nice being married to a handy guy! Love the headboard. Mimi
Hey - that's going to look great! I like "repurposed" things much better than new. Come to think of it, practically my whole house is like that! Can't wait to see the finished project, pillow cases and all!
Oh Wow! Your husband certainly is an expert craftsman!
Post a Comment