Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Oh, to be a fly on the wall!

This summer we spent a few days in Logan, attending the Utah Opera Festival, along with Ken’s father and three of our children, Katie, Robbie, and Brittany.  Ken’s siblings usually all go, but this year they couldn’t make it, so a few of our kids got to fill in.  We really enjoyed ourselves.  (The Prophet of our church, Thomas S. Monson, also attended one of the performances we were at.)

We were lucky enough to see “The Student Prince”, “Oklahoma”, and “Les Miserable”.  They were all well done.  We love live theater.

I didn’t pull out my camera once.

I did take a few pictures just before we left to come home.  This magnificent house is located a few blocks West of the theater we were at.  It is one of those places that I like to drive by whenever I get a chance.

I have never been inside, but it looks like it could be quite charming.  I don’t know who lives there, or if it is owned by one family, or divided up in rentals.  (It looks like a one family home to me.  I hope it is!)

P7183652

P7183653P7183655

It also looks quite huge.  Look how deep it goes back.  I love the second story deck and the rooms above the garage.  It reminds me of the house in the movie “Pollyanna”, with the big trees reaching up to the third floor windows.  It looks like it would require a staff of workers to keep it all up.

P7183662

image

I’m afraid I’m doomed to be a curious house-stalker since I don’t have any connections to the house, but wouldn’t it be fun to take a tour inside?  Or maybe live there?  Oh, to be a fly on the wall! 

A girl can dream.

I wonder if it is listed on the Historic Register?

Do you have houses that you like to stalk? 

JoAnn

P.S.  Wish I had some of those yummy Logan Bluebird chocolates right now!

P.P.S.  Dear Lucky Family who lives in this house, please forgive me for parking in front of your house with my camera hanging out the window.

8 comments:

Pondside said...

I'm sure you're not the only admiring passerby! It is truly a beautiful house, and you're right - there's a definite resemblance to the house in Pollyanna.
I have stalked an entire neighbourhood for the past 17 years, and now that we have sold Pondside we have bought a 1927 cottage in that very neighbourhood. Details will follow!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

You make me laugh mom. I can only imagine sitting inside that house watching as some crazy lady pulls up and starts taking pictures of your house. :) It is a beautiful home though. If only we could make friends and go in for a look.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This is a beautiful home! It does look like the one Pollyanna lived in with her aunt--I alos loved this movie! :) There was a Victorian section in Brooklyn, NY, that had many homes such as this --I blogged about it once: http://millefiorifavoriti.blogspot.com/2008/08/victorian-flatbush-brooklyn-new-york.html

I loved to go there and walk around to look at the beautiful homes. I did know a couple people that lived there and the insides of their houses were equally lovely. One lady worked with an agency to allow TV crews to use her house exterior and interior, for location shots.

Stacey said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful to see inside there!!

Joanna and Eric said...

I have been in that house! It is indeed owned by one family, I believe it's the Needham's (the jewelry store owners.. they have a shop on Main St). Their son was in my bishopric when I was at USU and we had a party there. It was an intense house! I love it!

Irene said...

Beautiful house, I have always admired that one as well. You sitting outside of that house with a camera fits in nicely with a memory I have of you peering out the front blinds of your house. It makes me smile.

Irene said...

Beautiful house, I have always admired that one as well. You sitting outside of that house with a camera fits in nicely with a memory I have of you peering out the front blinds of your house. It makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

I've seen that home too.. I live in garden city, and I often wish to see the inside of tnid home too.. Dreams are good for the soul!..
Hugs