Nothing helps me get things accomplished more quickly than hosting a party at my house does!
Jobs that can take weeks have to be finished on a deadline. I need that motivation. Maybe I’m a procrastinator or something, but a little pressure seems to start my “engines” better than anything else.
This Christmas season we have had some good memory making experiences already, and that makes me conclude that all the work and pressure is worth the effort.
(A week and a half ago I might not have been so positive!)
We had a fun party with some friends whose friendships go way back to when our children were babies.
When we were younger, we had the tradition of progressive dinner parties, where we could see each neighbor’s house with all the creative Christmas decorating touches, and then eat something wonderful before moving on to the next house. All our children were included and it was always a fun evening.
Now that we are older and our children are grown and out of our homes we just go to one place for the evening.
(Maybe it’s all the stairs!)
The concept is the same, we all help with the food, but it is less physical and more relaxing.
This year it was our turn to host.
I wish I’d taken more pictures, but I was pretty busy.
We each brought a sweet treat to exchange-lots of delicious and fun gifts to have for the holidays.
Isn’t it wonderful to have friends?
We have had several family activities, too. Yesterday we celebrated Liz’s birthday. Happy Birthday, Liz!
We also took some photos for a very late Christmas card.
Since I usually take all the pictures, Ken and I were not in very many together and it is pretty difficult finding one that flatters both of us at the same time (ha ha).
I thought about pulling out one from years past, but even that was difficult.
Someone captured these three making some Christmas music!
And my favorite part of the holidays- playing with my grandchildren.
Wish we could have had Paul here from Portland, too.
It really is a wonderful life.
Merry Christmas!
JoAnn
6 comments:
I used to love our progressive dinners. It was something I always looked forward to. I just love this time of year, especially all the parties. Can't wait for the rest of our celebrations!
Your home is lovely and I love the tradition with friends. We worked with youth all our lives and they have all gone their way and started their own traditions with family of their own. My parents are gone and we've got to start new traditions with our grands. Hope you and yours have a very little Christmas day.
Lovely! Nothing like a deadline to spur me to action, too. Just as in school, I was up 'til all hours revising my school essays! Some things never change.
Your party looks and sounds wonderful. Love your table with the pretty red napkins and (my favorite) white china.
Have a wondeful Christmas! xoxox
I love how your posts describe your times with family and friends. It's fun to go way back and reminisce with those who have stuck close over the years.
Hoping you have a few more days of rest before the New Year starts again...
Great pics...looks like you are having a having wonderful Christmas!
How lovely, Joann! I enjoyed a few nice Christmas party before coming down with the flu over Christmas week. I recovered fairly quickly, thank goodnes but should bounce back soon! a little tired and weak
Post a Comment