(Cousins Karli, Joanna, Audrey, Liz, Reagan, and Kenni modeling Auntie Diane’s old hat collection.)
Sometimes I embrace changes.
But often, I hold on to something long past its usefulness.
Sentiment? Maybe.
Comfort? Probably.
Indecision? Unfortunately.
I’ve heard that we actually become blinded to things around us and get where we don’t even notice them any more.
For example, a messy corner on a counter top, a stain on a rug, a scratch on a piece of furniture, a junk drawer, or clutter on a desk doesn’t call out to us as often as it used to. Maybe its nature’s way of helping us cope with things.
This morning as I checked on my blog I was surprised to find that my background had been deleted or moved.
Huh?
I COULDN’T EVEN READ IT!
I had thought a few times that maybe I needed a change to my heading, but I always brushed the thought aside. I didn’t know what else I would do, I didn’t have the time to redo it, and I’m not even sure how to go about changing things.
A phone call to my blog analyst (Liz) gave me the answer.
She had been cleaning out computer accounts and deleted one she didn’t use any more. Yup, the one she used to create my background was on that account. I guess they took everything with them!
Since she was literally on her way out the door for a few days, she helped me come up with a quick fix.
We might end up leaving the blog as it is now, or we might come up with a totally new idea, but the old look is gone forever.
These cute cousins (above) are just as sweet and lovely today as they were when we took this picture. They are all grown up now.
This picture is one generation later-Liz’s daughter Maddie on her first birthday.
Change can be good, even when you resist it.
JoAnn
P.S. Hat styles may change, but I still love the old ones.
P.P.S. Maybe I need to have my hairstyle accidently changed!
One last look at the old…
7 comments:
That's so funny JoAnn! I'm sorry about your background but maybe you'll have fun putting a new one together. I know that I need to do something with mine - some day'
I'm sorry about your background but I love your new header....and you are right, change can be good thing, even when it is unintentional :)
I know what you mean about not noticing the clutter or scratches after a while! Too bad about your background being removed accidentally - at least you noticed. Can't wait to see what you come up with next - your header picture is beautiful and I LOVE the hats - such a great vintage picture.
I know when you live in one place a long time you can become blinded by those thing you have notice that might need cleaning up or a bit of changing. BUT I found change is good! It keeps me on my toes -- and more creative...
Good to see all is going well..
As for an idea for a header. My header I have is photo frames and I change out the images with in them.. that's enough of a change and gives me something new to look at too.
Hugs
Oh no, JoAnn--I can imagine how upsetting it was to see your blog design changed. I guess it was meant to be and now you cna fidn a new one. I ahve not changed my blog design in two yeras and it really needs an update--hopefully I'll find soem time to do it soon.
JoAnn, you comments to my blog are "no reply" so I do not have an e-mail adderss to send you my home address! I looked for the e-mail address you used to give me your address when you won the photo canvas on my blog and sent my address to that--did you check that e-mail? If you don't see it email me so I can reply back. Thanks so much! I look forward to receiving the book!
I am trying to fix my "No-reply" blogger status. I think I might have fixed it, but this is my chance to see if it worked.
Test...
Post a Comment