Sunday, April 19, 2015

Spring time… (except for that one snowy day)

After a very mild winter, we have experienced a lovely Spring.

The blossoms really delivered.

They were stunning.

 

fixer upper

Even from inside the house, the view was delightful.

(I don’t have good luck with window shots-too much light for my camera.)

IMG_0804

IMG_0808

 

And then it snowed.

First we had 60 mile an hour winds, followed by black rain from all the dust (wish I’d taken a picture of the dirty cars in the parking lot at school-sort of looked like the jeeps you see after an off-road event through the mud).  Then the snow started as we headed home from work.  It snowed about six inches here.  It looked like the snow storm we had wished for back in December.  

It was quite beautiful.

Thankfully, it all melted the next day.

The new Spring weather called out for a little door wreath.

(My Saturday haircut just happened to be a few blocks away from Hobby Lobby.)

IMG_0919

 

It has been nice being able to work in the yard and being outside.

 

IMG_0922

Don’t you love Spring?

JoAnn

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Although I know get snow in April quite often, this storm really did surprise me. Going from 70 degrees to 30's in 24 hours. And I swear that was the most snow we got at a time this whole year! Crazy. It really was beautiful but I'm glad it melted quickly.

Stacey said...

Beautiful view outside your window. :)

That snow might have made me a little crazy this late in the year. I love your new front door decor.

Rosella said...

Spring time is the best - even if we have to wait and wait for it :)! Your blossoms are so beautiful - ours are yet to appear. Your front door looks perfect - I wish we had Hobby Lobby here in Canada - they have such lovely things. Hope all the snow and black rains are over and you can continue to enjoy this season!