Last weekend we, like many of you, spent a lot of
time visiting local cemeteries to honor our loved ones whom we miss. We always
put pretty flowers on the graves. (Is that the custom where you live, too?)
The weather was wet and cool, with scattered showers throughout the day. Our
umbrellas hardly had a chance to dry out between stops.
All the rain we’ve had certainly made things
beautiful and green, and the sky was quite magnificent with dark, brooding
clouds mixed in with patches of clear blue. Every time we thought the sun would
triumph, those heavy clouds just pushed forward like hungry students at lunch
time. (Yes, we’ve been working on writing with metaphors at school.)
I always have a sense of gratitude for those people
we call family and friends: Pioneers, hard working farmers, craftsmen, and
teachers. They remind me of what is (or should be) important in
life.
The cemetery above is located in beautiful Heber
City, Utah, about forty-five minutes from Salt Lake City. The Clegg pioneers
settled in this beautiful valley, nestled against the back side of Mount
Timpanogos. We love to visit there.
Not only was the scenery delightful, but we felt a
closeness to those we have lost, kind of like a small connection of Heaven on
Earth!
Have a wonderful weekend.
P.S. Five more days of school….I think I can, I
think I can….

3 comments:
When I was little I always thought I would move away from Utah to find something cool to explore but the older I get, the more I realize we really do live in a beautiful state and I want to stay right where I am. Such a beautiful state we have here.
What a gorgeous view of the mountain that cemetery has! My American ancestors are mostly buried in Pennsylvania, while my parents are buried in Long Island, NY.
School is out in our district and we celebrated with our grandboys--they have lots of plans for the summer but first we are all waiting for the birth of their baby sister, which can happen any day now!
Hello JoAnn! I am so happy to have found your blog! We share the same faith and looks like a lot more! Your yard is beautiful! So sorry about the passings of loved ones recently. Missing is the hardest, isn't it? I will be back! Hugs, Maryjane
Post a Comment