Veterans’ Day is one of my favorite holidays.
I love all the attention and appreciation that is shown to those who have sacrificed for each of us; for our safety, our freedom, and our sense of well being.
I’m sorry that more respect isn’t given every single day (we should change that), but I’m happy that we remember them on Veterans’ Day.
There are so many brave and courageous men and women who have left their families and friends to serve our country- many who never got to return home to their loved ones.
Our family has its Veteran Heroes, as I’m sure you all do, too.
We are so proud of them!
At my father-in-law’s funeral this summer, I was impressed by the Veterans who helped with the military rifle salute and the Taps at the graveside.
These fine gentlemen were all getting along in age, yet they took their job very seriously.
As this flag was presented to my husband, the love and respect for our country was evident in the presenter’s eyes and voice.
These selfless gentlemen waited at attention for their powerful part in the program.
The walkers waiting behind them let us know that their service on this day was also a sacrifice.
Thank you to all who have sacrificed for our freedom!
God bless America!
JoAnn
P.S. We loved seeing all the Veterans who stood on freeway bridges yesterday, waving the American flag.
2 comments:
It's never too late to remember!!! Beautiful post.
I didn't notice the walkers. Funny. We are very fortunate to have so many willing to sacrifice their lives for us!
Post a Comment