The scene outside my windows this morning is WHITE. Very white. Yes, it is snowing here in Utah. We haven’t been pelted like Washington and other places back east, and the airports probably aren’t in any danger of closing, but the snow is starting to accumulate on the ground and it is looking quite pretty (since I don’t have any travel plans for the day)!
Which reminds me, I didn’t ever finish posting my December/holiday photos. I realize that finding Christmas photos on a blog at the end of January is probably not on anyone’s wish list, however, I’d like it to be in my record, so here goes.
My husband and I went down town in early December to attend a Christmas concert with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was a beautiful, crisp evening. The Latter-day Saint Temple is a perfect back drop for all the colorful lights.
The Conference Center, which seats 21,200 people was filled to capacity. (This is a wonderful, free concert produced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a Christmas gift to the community. It will be available to purchase as a DVD later.) The choir and orchestra were in place, ready for sinding, dancing, bell-ringing, and wonderful narration. Laura Osnes, a broadway star, British actor Martin Jarvis, and four soloists from the Metropolitan Opera were all primed for an amazing concert-which it was!
We lingered a bit after and enjoyed the beauty and magic of snow, colored lights, and crowds of happy people.
This reflecting pond was stunning.
It was a lovely evening which we will always remember.
Even in January.
Thanks!
JoAnn
P.S. The second annuall Clegg Christmas pagaent is still a work in progress.
8 comments:
Dear JoAnn, it's never too late! I missed everything that was posted leading up to Christmas and in the weeks immediately following. Bring on the Christmas posts!
What a thrill it must be to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir live. The evening must have been fabulous against the backdrop of the Temple and the gorgeous lights. It would put anyone into the joy of the season!
What beautiful snow scenes and to think they were yours. Wow! Those kiddos make the cutest characters in the Nativity.
Your photos are just amazing!
Beautiful JoAnn! Your pictures are beautiful.
Never, Never too late for such lovely photos. I ALWAYS look for the MTC Christmas concerts on the TV. If one doesn't show up in our area, I put my CD of the choir in and play it at top decibels of my stereo!! I have several of their CD's of various music in various years. I love playing/hearing them.
Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures!!
Blessings,
J
I would love to visit Salt Lake City one day and hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing live. The Temple and city looked so beautiful at Christmas time. Your grandchildren look so adorable reenacting the Christmas story. My granddaughter's pre school did a very sweet pageant at services and my little granddaughter was a sheep--lol!
Gorgeous pictures! It looks just like a fairy tale. :-) I'm just getting caught up on my blog reading since the second week of JANUARY, so you're just in time in my books. LOL Have a great weekend!
hi Joann, i love your blog , Is wonderful , you have a new follower
Angelica
Post a Comment