Bet my husband makes better frozen strawberry jam than yours does!
Ha!
Thanks to my husband, Ken, for becoming the family jam maker. It started one year when I was really busy about the time strawberries were on sale, and he stepped in to help out.
Now that we know he can do it, and do it well, he gets to take over that role. He mashes the berries much better than I ever did-I’m too impatient.
He’s been busy all weekend.
Did you know, we worried that he had forgotten to put in corn syrup, but we checked the recipe again and again and corn syrup isn’t there anymore.
They must have changed the recipe this year.
While he has been making jam, I’ve been able to putter in the yard. We are enjoying this time of year and all the perennials so much. Mother Nature does a great job of spring gardening. Things never look as good when it is dependent on our care.
For the record, I was able to join up with my sisters on Thursday and spend the day with them.
We had a great time, saw some fun houses, and got a little inspiration for a few new decorating ideas,
but I always come home grateful for my own little home.
Happy rest of June!
♥
JoAnn
4 comments:
Well, the jam looks delicious and the yard is beautiful. I'd say that you and Hubby make quite the team!
I have to agree with Lea! It is always good to come home and to be able to enjoy the garden. Your yard looks great!
I always say when a husband wants to do a domestic chore--let him have it! Your husband's jam looks good and probably healthier without the corn syrup in it. Your garden looks so green and pretty, JoAnn. A Mother deer has been eating all the flowers in my backyard but so far has left the front alone, her little fawn is so cute--and fast!
Your yard is beautiful! I'm jealous that you have a jam maker in the house. :)
Post a Comment