Thursday, September 20, 2018

Surprise!

IMG_20180623_070425

HELLOOOO!  Anyone out there remember me?  I’ve been gone from the blogging world for a while (almost a year) and I almost can’t remember how to do this anymore.   I’m not even sure what inspired me to start this post.  (Maybe it is a strategy for avoiding folding laundry, which is my current task at hand).  Who knows?  Maybe you have all moved on from blogging and this is just going to that great-unknown-vast-empty-space where random, useless things go.  At any rate, I will give a brief update on what has been going on in my little world.

I am entering my second year of retirement and I can honestly say that I enjoy being  more in control of my time.  That doesn’t mean life isn’t busy, but it is busy with things I choose to do.  My husband and I spend a lot of time with our family and we are involved in serving in our church.  We even manage to escape once in a while and have some fun.  In June we drove to southern Utah to a little mountain valley town called Panquitch, to attend a hot air balloon festival.  We weren’t sure what to expect, but we got up early in the morning and followed the crowd to a big field on the outskirts of town.  We hiked through some dewy alfalfa fields and picked out a spot near the fence to watch the balloons take flight.  It soon became apparent that the spectators were moving about and mingling with the balloon crew as they got things set up.  We were so close we could touch the balloons!  It was fun watching the process as they started to rise up in the morning sky.

IMG_20180623_071136


IMG_20180623_093654IMG_20180623_064409

IMG_20180623_064954IMG_20180623_065745

We attempted to take some selfies, but couldn’t see with the bright sun, so they are a little goofy.  We had a wonderful pancake breakfast in the town square and spent the rest of the day off exploring Bryce Canyon, Payson Lake, and Cedar Breaks National Monument. 

Maybe I will share pictures from the parks later.  That evening there was a huge street festival, with food and music.   Normally the street would be lined with the glowing balloons, but it was a little windy and they couldn’t put up the balloons.  They had the hot air shooting up, but I was a bit disappointed.  I guess we just need to come again. 

IMG_20180623_210922IMG_20180623_211224

I’m pretty sure this will go down as one of my favorite days ever, and yes, people in small towns are indeed some of the most friendly and kind people you will ever meet! 

Have you had some close to home fun vacations?  We look forward to discovering more about our own state.

JoAnn


5 comments:

Christine said...

Well,let me be the first to welcome you back!
I joined your blog right before you left, so I don't know you and you don't know me, yet.

I'm retired, also. I worked in the school system for 12 years, (Attendance Secretary in a high school).
I tell people there are only two days in MY week, Saturdays and a Sunday. No M-F!

You made Utah look so inviting. We might run into you next June there!

Kay G. said...

Let me be the 2nd one to welcome you back!
I have never been to Utah but would dearly love to see it! Love the hot air balloon festival, I bet those looked so pretty in the sky!
Keep blogging, the world needs you. x

Rosella said...

Such cheerful and colourful pictures! Love to see your blog pop up in my "favourites". I have been very sparse with posting as well and not sure anyone sees them anymore either. Good for you to make the most of your retirement with family and some fun trips. Utah would be an amazing trip for us one day. Take care and keep on enjoying these special days.

Edi said...

Menangkan Info lengkap pada permainan judi online dengan berkunjung ke situs yang tersedia dibawah ini.

infopendek
infojitu
cheatpasti
situspanas

Danny Scott said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works
Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]