Sunday, October 26, 2008

Family Newsletter

October 26. 2008
Dear Family,
Happy Halloween! Before you know it, another fall holiday will be over, packed up, and put away, with only good memories, fun photos, and some leftover trick-or-treat candy remaining. Don’t you think Madison looks cute inside their family pumpkin? (Yes, she did need a bath afterwards!) Maybe we love Halloween because it brings out the “kid” in all of us. I hope everyone has a fun Halloween evening and that whatever you do that night- going out “trick or treating”, partying with friends, answering the door to pass out candy, or having a quiet evening alone, you know that we are thinking of you!

We will be having a wild and crazy day at school. Our costume parade starts at 9:30 a.m. What were they thinking???? Since the students will be quite hyper we have planned fun activities for the whole day, including a rotation to each of the four third grade classes to do different activities. At least we will have variety in all the madness and thank goodness it is a short school day!

Heidi and Ovidiu are dressing up as Dog, the bounty hunter, and his wife. Liz and Karl will probably be Miss Muffet and the hungry spider. Madison has her cute ballerina witch costume that Liz made. Michelle will be reprising her role as Olga, the Viking. Robbie has his Indiana Jones role practiced and polished up. Katie and I will be witches (I’ll probably be feeling like one by about 10:00 a.m. anyway!) I’m not sure if Andrew will be in costume. (Do mechanical engineers act crazy at work?) I think Irene made him a costume, but I haven’t seen it yet. Ken
will be dressed in his boring-every-day-work clothes. At least he dressed up as a nerd for our party (even if Nate Bean accused him of dressing normal. Ha, Ha!)

Madison is doing well after her little surgery to get tubes in her ears. (It was probably harder on Liz than it was for Maddie.) She seems to be adjusting well. Let’s hope the ear infections will be a thing of the past!
I found this fun picture on a blog and thought I’d pass it along. I don’t know who took it so I can’t give proper credit, but I like it.
Have a great week! We love you all!!!
Love,
Mom (JoAnn)

P.S. Travis is in Japan and it sounds like he is having a great time. Marcia just spent time back in Washington D.C. with Monica and family.

P.S. Brett, we will be seeing you soon!

My advice today comes from a quote by Robert Brault. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
Thanks, Monica, I "borrowed" your quote!

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Your granddaughter sure is cute!!!!

Holly said...

Yay JoAnn! Can't wait to read your blog!

meg said...

JoAnn! I'm so proud of you for having a blog! It's fun to catch up and see what is going on! I love those pumpkins with the witches boots, I had to save it to my "crafty" idea file!