Thursday, October 30, 2008

Karl and Liz (Pedro and Miss Muffet) at our pre-Halloween party. (Sorry this is old news!)
Jen and Robbie (Ballywood and Indie)


Jared and Kelli (60's aerobic instructors)
Tomorrow is Halloween.
I love Halloween!
I hate Halloween!

I do love the fun of seeing people use their imagination and come up with clever costumes. Who doesn't like to escape once in a while and be somebody else? I love seeing "proper" people look goofy. I love seeing witches (nice ones), goblins, ghosts, pirates, clowns, etc. sitting next to me at a stoplight, or waiting on customers at a grocery store or bank. I love homemade root beer bubbling with dry ice and eating puffy glazed donuts. I even love our costume parade at school as we wind our way through each and every classroom.

I hate giving out trick-or-treat candy to people carrying giant pillow cases (and who usually never say thanks). I hate hearing the door bell ring late at night. I hate finding pumpkins smashed on the side walk. I hate my hair after taking off a wig, or the stain on my face when the extra makeup is removed. I hate taking down holiday decorations.

Tomorrow is Halloween and it will be a LONG day at school. Hopefully, I will focus on the things I love and not on the extra energy my students will be bringing and the chaos and clutter of class parties.

I love all these people and their willingness to "let their hair down".

Melissa and Michelle (Diet Coke and Miss Viking)
Ken (the nerd)
The three witche (JoAnn, Linda, and Katie)


Liz, Madison, and Ally (Miss Muffet, Nice little witch, and Lucy)

Andrew and Irene (the construction worker and Raggedy Ann)
Chris and Robbie (Rapunzel and Indianna Jones)
David and Linda (goofy man and head witch)

Our Crazy Family
Little Maddie, (the cute witch and why I love Halloween more than I hate it!)

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

We love halloween too. We just hope that Maddie will be feeling up to trick or treating tomorrow!

Stephen said...

I am so impressed with the amount of work everyone went to with their costumes! Looks like it really was a great party. Happy Halloween!

Lacey said...

Just FYI: It was really just spacey Lacey who wrote that comment by Stephen. I just was accidentally logged in as him! :)