Thursday, April 30, 2009

Enjoy it while you can!

I love our yard in the spring!


This is the view out our family room window!

These flowers are pretty in April.

Who doesn't love tulips?

This beautiful tree is what I see out my bedroom window.
(Almost makes me want to sleep outside!)

Ahhhhh.....spring.

Soon we will have to deal with:
snails
drought
weeds
gophers
heat
grasshoppers
other annoying insects
and
crab apples
(What a price to pay for one week of beautiful pink blossoms!)

My spring garden is pretty all by itself (thanks to nature).
But....
The rest of the summer we have to work hard to keep things healthy and green!



Here's to summer gardeners
and the hours and hours you spend making things beautiful!
(I'll drive out of my way to pass by a beautiful yard!)
Thank you!








4 comments:

Lacey said...

I think I'd like to live at your house right now... for one week anyways! It's just gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Your yard is always so beautiful. You work hard at it and it shows. I definitely didn't inherit your "green thumb"...

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I sure Love your yard. It makes me sad to see those pictures because I know I am missing them. My apartment hasn't even mowed our lawn for the first time this year and the grass goes up to my knees! It makes me so annoyed!!!!!

linda said...

What did our parents do to make us enjoy mowing acres of grass!? I'll never forget the year some of the grandkids pulled moms flowers and threw them over the fence. I'm sure they weren't my kids! Actually, I really can't remember who it was that had so much fun...