Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Birthday, America!

July 4th is a great day for all of us
because
we live in a pretty amazing country.

I hope you all had an enjoyable day celebrating!
We started the day off with a ward breakfast and we ended with a family dinner and fireworks.
(Our daughter Michelle and her friend Cynthia started the celebration 20 years ago as a Laurel project,
and it is still going.
)


A few years ago we got to welcome home our nephew Shane who had been serving in Iraq.

(Kelli, Shane, and Joanna)
Our thanks go to him and to all the people who serve and sacrifice for our freedom!
THANK YOU!
(family and friends)

Happy Birthday, America!

2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Thanks for the fun day yesterday. I'm glad we got to spend it with you, even if I was completely exhausted!

linda said...

thanks for coming up to a BBQ! It was fun. We missed you at the fireworks. I thought they weren't putting up speakers when I put blankets down in the afternoon but by the time we got there ,we were right by a speaker again. Next year ear plugs or a new spot! It was fun to be together.