Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A morning walk....


After my devastating wii fitness test results earlier this summer,
my friend Sheila and I have been getting up early and walking.
Every day.

It hasn't been easy.
At first we had to stop and let our aching hips or knees rest every few minutes.
(Remember, I have the body of a 75 year old!)


But...
We have been faithful about getting up early
(except for Sundays and of course the wedding day)!

We always pass this beautiful American flag blowing in the morning sky.
Usually the sky is full of pink, yellow, and orange as the sun comes out from behind the mountains, but the only day I remembered my camera it was overcast.

We admire the beauty of nature as we catch up on the events in our lives.

We compare the challenges and excitements of working with children.
(We both work at schools.)

We remember good times as our children were growing up.


We watch the baby ducks gain independence from their mothers, too.


We worry about friends who are sick.

These ducks are waiting for their friend whom we call "The Bread Lady"
since she brings a big load of bread every day.
The birds recognize her car and start quacking and gathering long before she gets to the water's edge.


We see a lot of interesting creatures, including these pelicans
and a little red fox who hides in the brush.
(Fortunately, we haven't met any skunks,
although we have smelled evidence of their presence.)

We circle the little lake and then head back home,
invigorated, refreshed, and ready to face another day.

I'm hoping that my body is recovering a bit and that I'll soon be hearing good comments from the wii computer!
(Isn't it sad that a computer can make or break your day?)

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." -John Rohn

"The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results."
-Anthony Robbins

Good advice that I intend to follow!

Have a great day.
JoAnn

*********
P.S.
I love these pictures of the cute McKnight boys!
We're glad you live closer now!
Welcome to Utah!

JoAnn

4 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Way to go with your walking thing! That does take a lot of dedication. I also have to say I think you are absolutely crazy for buying eight tickets but I'm excited we get to go to the play! You're the best!!!!

Katie said...

That is awesome! I have not done nearly as well this summer!

Beth at Aunties said...

What great advice! Your walk looks beautiful and it is something I keep saying I HAVE too get back in the habit of doing.... What school are you at?

~♥

Holly said...

I think I would walk every day too if I had as beautiful of a route as you do. Great job!