(photo from Google.com)2 days down.
(178 to go- but who's counting?)
25 new students
100 pencils sharpened
50 notebooks passed out
1 recess duty accomplished
23 lunch numbers memorized (almost all)
Rules modeled, practiced, modeled, practiced, and modeled some more
Former students greeted and hugged
Catching up time with co-workers-started
Tired feet (new shoes that need breaking in)
Quote of the day: "You kind of have grandma hair. Not the color, but the shape."
(Don't tell my hair dresser!)
Looking forward to tomorrow (and wondering what insights I will gain.)
I'll keep you posted.
JoAnn
7 comments:
Actually there are only 176 left! Remember they cut two days.
Irene
hahahahahaha did someone actually say that to you??? Gotta love kids. Good thing you are a grandma.
So you have Grandma hair, huh? Well, technically you are a Grandma... Kids are pretty funny sometimes.
That quote is funny. Gotta love that innocent honesty even if it hurts. Good luck with the remaining 176 days! You must be way busy cause you never call me anymore. Because I am a loving sister I'll forgive you!( Maybe we could plan a day and go get haircuts!) love ya!
Gotta love the hair comments...One day I was talking to Sadie & told I used to have longer hair, she asked, "was that before you got your old grandma hair?" Do you think maybe we could use makeovers?
OH DEAR!!! Kid's are so funny!!! Catching up on your last 2 post's. Sorry your friend died. That's heart breaking. And love the party. Really like the party hats.
Good luck in class tomorrow. IT IS FRIDAY!
Sandra
Oh, the things kids say! Welcome back to school! Those 25 students are lucky to have you this year. :)
Post a Comment