Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Beautiful fall gardens.....


There is nothing quite like a beautiful flower garden!

I love the bright colors spilling over, the variety of shapes and textures mixed together.
The sweet aroma from the blossoms is soothing and pleasant.
Plus, who doesn't like bronze statues?



The tall grasses seem to demand attention, while the soft color beneath them
sometimes steals the show.Can you believe that someone planted all these flowers?

The old stately building is softened by the huge hanging baskets.


The Lion House in down town Salt Lake is a gardener's dream!


How do they keep things so pretty?


Even the hollyhocks are still blooming!

We enjoyed ourselves last Saturday as we celebrated with family a 50 year marriage
at the beautiful Lion House.

Congratulations, Carolyn and Ron!

Good company.

Delicious food.

And the flowers!!!


JoAnn

6 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

It is so beautiful! I haven't been down town for so long. I think we might need to take a trip that way soon! Congrats to Carolyn and Ron.

linda said...

Congrats Carolyn and Ron! Love the flowers. Did you know that they will take groups on a "flower garden" tour? They tell you the different names and how to plant them etc. I did it once and it was great. They have alot of volunteers that do the beds with the master gardeners. I need to go see them. Want to do lunch?

The Gathering Place said...

I would love to do lunch! We could eat at the Lion House Pantry and enjoy their delicious soup and hot rolls! We might even splurge on some pie!

Small House said...

Isn't Temple Square one of the most beautiful places to visit? The flowers are always gorgeous!

Glad you got to spend some time with loved ones at the LION HOUSE!!!

HAPPY YEAR MARK!!!
Sandra

julie said...

I want to come on the lunch/garden tour! It's really the pits living away from you guys. Think of me, especially when you eat that pie!

Sis Julie said...

ok, I know I'm not your mom...Love ya!