(photo from Google.com)Eight years ago today most of my students were either little babies, or not born yet.
They don't have any memories of their own of the events that took place on
September 11, 2001.
There is no recollection for them of the emotion and pain of the horrific loss.
No swelling pride and gratitude for the people who sacrificed so much,
or
for the every day heroes who worked tirelessly searching for survivors.
They missed the bonding and patriotism that came from uniting after a tragedy.
September 11, 2001
was a day that changed the history of the world.
Hopefully, we will never have another day like it!
But...
we need to teach our children to love and respect the flag that represents our wonderful country and the many freedoms that are afforded here.
We all need to rally together and support our government.
It isn't perfect, but I wouldn't want to trade it for any other.
"I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging of the future but by the past."
-Edward Gibbons
Today was a day of bittersweet memories.
I know I will never forget them!
♥
JoAnn
4 comments:
You are a beautiful writer....
It really was a day we will never forget but I definitely agree that we need to teach the children... help them to know and understand the importance of what so many have done for our independence. Beautiful tribute mom.
I remember that day vividly. It was a very sad time. However, the way that we all came together after such a tragedy reflects what a great people we have in this country. That was a great tribute.
Thanks for sharing that meaningful video. What a wonderful tribute.
We both shared videos of different meaning.
Post a Comment