Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall arrives in Utah.....with splendor!


I have ALWAYS wanted to visit New England in the fall
. I've heard about the brilliant leaf colors and the hillsides covered with trees. I love the small, quaint little towns with the covered bridges. It is one of my unfulfilled dreams. Sigh.....

However,
Utah has some pretty amazing fall colors, too!


Today I picked up my in-laws and we took off to see for ourselves just what the season has to offer.

We drove through Emigration Canyon, Parley's Canyon, Park City, and Midway.
We saw leaves up close and from clear across the valley.
We marveled at the beauty of the mountains, lakes, and valleys.



Pretty, right?


We had a great time!


The sun was shining right in my eyes for most of these pictures, but I think this one has a fun look to it!
If you are looking for a beautiful drive to see the fall colors, we found the best views at Wasatch State Park, just up the hill from Midway.
Be sure to get out before Wednesday's predicted snow storm!

"There is a harmony
In autumn, and a luster in its sky,
Which through the summer is not heard or seen,
As if it could not be, as if it had not been!"
-Percy Bysshe Shelly


JoAnn

9 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

How beautiful! I'm glad you mentioned this today because I really hadn't realized that it was time for the leaves to change already. What a fun sunday afternoon.

Kelli said...

Beautiful!! Fall comes a little later here, but I am SO excited to see the colors here!

Lacey said...

This part of fall is my favorite time of year. Your pictures are beautiful! Thanks for the advice to get out and enjoy before Wednesday's snow-- I wouldn't have even thought of that!

Lacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacey said...

Sorry, my comment posted three times, so I deleted two of them. :)

Small House said...

We do live in a very pretty State. I had to go to West Jordan and Pleasant Grove over the weekend, and the canyon was gorgeous. We're going to Salt Lake again next weekend, and I'm thinking the drive will be even more spectacular.

Have a great day.
Sandra

Marg said...

Oh...here we go again. Another similiar thread. I was just taking photos this week on the gorgeous colors up in Whistler hiking with my Therapist....The colors are out of this world. They get me so excited.

linda said...

It is not cool to come home from Hawaii to a predicted snow storm!! I missed fall! I may have to just enjoy looking at your pictures this year. It was dark when we got home so I don't know what to expect on the Mts across the street. Thanks for sharing!!