Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fun at Gardner Village.....

One of our favorite things to do every year is go to
Gardner Village and enjoy the fall decorations.



Gardner Village is a quaint shopping and entertainment area with fun stores and restaurants in a rural, country atmosphere.




Little walkways weave through the village, past a small stream with a covered bridge,
a big red barn, an old flour mill,


and little specialty shops in restored old houses.


Our Aunt Mardene came with us. (She is the one on the right.)


Michelle, Maddie, and Kate admire some witches.
Maddie is wearing her new finished costume- just in case her mom has the baby on Halloween and she won't get to go "Trick-or-treating" with her.

Melissa and Michelle take a break.

Karl, Maddie, and Liz watch the witches play ball.

Irene and Andrew strike a pose.
(Yes, Andrew, I always insist on taking pictures!)

My sister Linda's family came with us.
We ended the evening with home-made chicken noodle soup and scones.
Yum!

Even the sunset was decorative!


**************

We enjoyed having Mardene here!
We had so much fun!

JoAnn


9 comments:

linda said...

We do know how to have a good time don't we! Thanks for your yummy food .It was a fun night.

Michelle said...

It was a fun weekend. We loved having Mardene down for a visit. Isn't she looking sassy (in a good way)?

The Razon's said...

Those scones and soup were awesome! Thanks for letting us come over! We had a lot of fun!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

It was a fun weekend, Thanks again for the fun time and good food.

Julie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Love ya all!

Anonymous said...

Our visit definitely got me in the mood for Halloween. Gardener Village is a fun place to go. Thanks for making all the tasty food. It is my favorite!

Katie C.

Marg said...

You are always Gathering with family and friends. Sounds like you had a great day planned. I loved the fall colors and themes.
I thoroughly enjoy this season.

Small House said...

I love Gardner Village. I haven't been for quite awhile though. I think my favorite time to visit is in the fall, I just love the witches. I'm going to SLC the next couple weekends. Maybe I should take a minute and stop by there.
Have a great day.
Sandra

ParkerMama said...

My Mom and I keep talking about doing this very thing! I've got to make it a priority!