Thursday, September 3, 2009

Late night jam making....a recipe for disaster




Last night I made some frozen strawberry and raspberry jam.

It was late when I started making it and I was tired.
I should have waited until another time, but the fruit was ready.
What else could I do?

First.....
I had to thaw out my lemon juice. I guess my fridge is colder than I thought.
Then I forgot to let the jam and pectin sit before I added the sugar.
That's not all....
I didn't remember about the Karo Syrup until I had it in the bottles.
Out if came and back in the pan for re-mixing.

Thank goodness it was "uncooked" jam.
Think what a mess I might have made with the stove on!

Tonight I have a few more batches to finish up.
(Hopefully, I can remember the recipe this time!)

I know that some cold winter night when I want to eat a warm piece of toast smothered with yummy jam, I will be grateful.
Right now, I'm just tired!






3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

haha oh mom! You make me laugh! You really probably shouldn't do things like that when you are cooking. I still think you need some up to me tonight though... I would just LOVE some jam :)

Lacey said...

For all the hassle it caused you I'm sure you'll be grateful for it come winter, like you said. There's nothing better than home made jam on warm toast in the mornings... yum! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you make homemade jam every year. It is so much better than anything we buy at the store.

Katie C.