
Did you know that the pineapple is considered a universal symbol of hospitality and is used to welcome guests in many societies?
During our family Christmas party on Sunday, we found two of these beauties sitting on our front porch. Our party was starting to wind down, people were preparing to leave, things were being loaded in cars, when we noticed them resting by the door.
No card, no instructions, just two big, fresh pineapples waiting to be discovered.
Well,
We couldn't let our guests leave without sampling the delicious fruit.
The pineapple was chilled, ripened to perfection, and as sweet as honey. It was the perfect ending to a fun evening (and a great palate cleanser)!
We never did figure out who the donor was, but it was one of our favorite gifts.
Not only did we get to enjoy it, but we got to share it with our guests.
THANK YOU!
(I wish I could thank someone personally!)
♥
JoAnn
5 comments:
What a wonderful surprise! And a great gift idea. Yum... :)
It sure was delicious. I wish I knew who Dole was...
Pineapple is a great treat. We really enjoyed it. Maybe we should give them out next year.
Katie C.
There's nothing like fresh pineapple. What a nice surprise sitting on your porch. I like this idea!
Have a good day.
Well, I can honestly tell you that if it was from me, I would be knocking on the door inviting myself in and joining all of you....
What a special treat. I just bought one and now you shared that symbolic meaning. I will never forget that.
Post a Comment