
Blog: a contraction for the term "web log"; a place where you share your thoughts with the world.
Blogging has indeed become quite widespread and popular. Not that long ago most of us didn't even know what a blog was. (O.K., just those of us over a certain age.) Anyway, you might say that blogging has exploded, kind of like some new, fail proof, hybrid popcorn that spills out of the popper, over the sides of the bowl, and on to the counter (with a few kernels in the bunch).
Everyone seems to have a blog of some sort, with ideas, opinions, advice, photos, food, and instructions of every kind imaginable.
So, is it all about sharing our thoughts with the world?
Are we all secretly longing for fame and recognition?
Why do we do it?
I don't really know.
I just know that once you start blogging, it kind of gets in your blood.
Did you know that they even have blogging conferences?
If you would like to read about the latest one, check out Rhoda's blog
at Southern Hospitality.
All of these incredibly talented people (mostly ladies) get together to learn and share ideas.
They all know each other from reading each other's blogs. They all say it is a highlight of their year-a memorable event for sure. One thing they all agree on is that it is a great way to make new friends.
Here are just a few different kinds of blogs:
1. Decorating blogs. (I'd love to be in that category, but since I only do one or two projects a year I would have a hard time filling in between posts!)
Check out The Lettered Cottage
2. Cooking posts (I do love to cook and once in a while I post a recipe, but I'd soon run out of interesting dishes since I avoid cooking as much as possible.)
Mennonite Girls Can Cook
Barbara Bakes
3. Photography blogs (I would really like to be known as a great photographer, but with just a small digital camera and no special training I'm unable to compete with the pros.)
bBCronicles
Little Red House
New England Life
4. Mommy blogs (or "grand"mommy blogs- yes, I do a bit of that, too.)
Nienie
5. Informational blogs
The Livesay (Haaaaiti) blog
6. And even special occasion blogs like
Matt and Sara's blog updates on their little Bronson's condition.
Did you know that in a little over a week they have had people visit from all over the world?
What a support system!

So, I guess I'll just keep on blogging. Maybe I'll develop some decorating skills that I can pass along. I might fine tune a new delicious recipe. I'm trying to learn to take better photographs. Who wouldn't like to become a better writer?
I have even made some new friends, too!
(Check out some of the other blogs I like to visit. Each has something special to offer.)
Guess I'll vote "to blog"!
♥
JoAnn
4 comments:
Silly mommy. You make me laugh. I too would have to vote "to blog". I know it sounds silly but especially being a stay at home mom- blogging has given me a social outlet without having to leave my home (which gets really hard lugging two kids around). I'm glad you blog too!
Ode to bloggin...It gets under your skin...I quit once..only for a week, and I sorted out my issues and now it's just a part of my life...
I think a great part of it, is that we all love to get a few pats here and there...Most of us have given many hours of motherhood with out to many pats in return and now it's time to pat each other and enjoy the perspective from which we come...I'm glad you are a blogger.
I just plain like blogging. It's fun and addictive, and I like having my thoughts out where I can see them. And I really like keeping up with friends through blogs. They're just fun. Regardless of the type of blog, I think they're here to stay. :)
I haven't been able to post for awhile, and I have to say, I do have allot of fun blogging!!!
Post a Comment