Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The roses return....

We've had a cool, wet spring this year. 
Often, it seemed like no spring-just a prolonged winter,
but the flowers didn't seem to mind.
Isn't it nice to know that nature performs her miracles-without fail-and despite our own lack of effort?

I have enjoyed this time of year!  The roses seemed more beautiful than ever.




The song, The Rose,  is performed by Bette Midler. (I know, it's a cheesy idea, but the song is beautiful!)
Kick off your shoes, grab a sandwich, and relax for a few minutes.
You deserve a break!
Have a great day!



11 comments:

Irene said...

Your flowers look so beautiful!

Lacey said...

Your flowers really are beautiful, and I bet they smell heavenly! And I agree with you, it's so nice that the beautiful roses seem to be unaffected by the crazy weather this year.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love Roses. And reading this made me think of that song we used for our girls camp theme a few years ago... "God gave us memories, that we may have roses in December" thatwas a pretty song.

Marg said...

I love that song...that's another sure sign of similarities. Except I dug out my roses after 15 years...and planted some New Guinea Impatients.
Hope your girls are having a wonderful time...
My daughter is taking me to San Diego next week. I am so delighted that she invited me and got some cheap tickets.
I love my family.

Marie said...

Oh that song is just so great. Those words so truth. Your post is lovely. Please have a great week.

Suzy said...

Not sure where you live but sounds like we've had similar springs! I'm in Washington state. Amazing what happens once some heat and sun come along :-)Your flowers are beautiful

Jeanne said...

Beautiful!

Click here to visit my post.

EG CameraGirl said...

Your roses are very pretty. Perfect music for your photos!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Such beautiful roses!!!

Naturegirl said...

Joann it has been a wonderful gardening year here too especially how the roses have performed! Yours are gorgeous and I love the poem!Iam posting my elegant David Austin rose!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Your roses and mosiac are gorgeous. I really like that song "The Rose" sung by Bette Midler. I turn it up and sing along whenever I hear it.