Thursday, February 10, 2011

A mid-week surprise…..

Today, I called to check on my in-laws.
(They are both 92 years old.)
When a child’s voice answered, “Hello,” I wasn’t expecting
it to be 
MY OWN GRANDDAUGHTER!
(They don’t live here.)

DSC01306


When I asked  whom I was talking to,
I heard a sweet little reply, “Madison Jo Nielsen.”
They came down to pay a visit to Grandma and Grandpa (and decided to surprise us).

DSC01308IC01261201


And….
They are spending the night at our house.
How fun!
Guess who else came by for a visit?
Little Joshua had to show us his new crawl.
Pretty darn cute!

Thanks, Liz and Irene for the pictures!
(They are all taken recently, but not today.)

3 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

How adorable your grandchildren are! What a wonderful surprise this must have been. I miss mny little grand boy so much.

PS: Wouldn't it be funny if we passed by each other on a street in Italy years ago? :) Wonderful memories from each time I've been there!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

That picture Makes Brooklyn look so grown up. I can't believe how "grown up" those two really are getting. It sure was fun to surprise you this weekend. Thanks again for letting us crash.

La Petite Gallery said...

I just found your site. Lovely, love a picked fence. You are also a school Teacher. I'll stop back by later. yvonne
drop over sometime