BYU is my alma mater.
It is the place I first lived away from my parents and my sisters- out on my own.
It’s where I got my teaching degree and met my husband.
I am just one of the many thousands who have attended the school and walked the famous campus (“The world is our campus”).
BYU basketball is making the school proud.
On Saturday afternoon, Number 7 BYU found itself the underdog against Number 6 San Diego State (Mountain West Conference), but it came out victorious with an 80-67 triumph.
Right now they have a new hero: Jimmer Fredette.
(photo taken by Ethan Miller/Getty Images )
He is leading the nation in scoring. He is one of the top candidates for player of the year (in the whole NCAA). He is a phenomenon!
It is fun getting caught up in college sports and cheering for your favorite team.
Go BYU!
****
Who else do I cheer for?
I just LOVE my grandchildren!
I couldn’t resist taking these cute photos from Liz’s blog tonight.
and look at this happy guy:
Go grandkids!
JoAnn
5 comments:
Hey, it's fun to see you cheer for your alma mater...You and me both...Last night I cheered like crazy for TWU against another local team fighting for western finals.
This weekend I'll be in Van cheering TWU, hopefully all the way to the Nationals.
And why would we not cheer on those little grands of ours. It makes life so worthwhile.
While I'm not athletically inclined in the least- and I really don't follow athletics more than accidentally- even I have heard the famous Jimmer raved about more times than I can count this season. Congrats to him and BYU! And your grandkids are just so darling. :)
Way to go Jimmer! Adorable grandkids! Mimi
It was a good game. Not that I really get in to sports... but my husband does so of course the game was watched at our house too. And those grandkids, I cheer for them too :)
such cute grandkids! We need to get together again soon.
Post a Comment