Saturday, March 5, 2011

Reading is Fun, and a birthday with a twist…..

DSCF6149
Want a good book to read?
Our school was given enough free books for every student to have their very own take home book.
As a way of thanking the RIF (Reading is Fundamental) people, we had a book cover coloring contest.
Do you remember reading any of these books?
image
image
image
image

image
image
I think my students did a great job with their covers!
will know. The more that you learn, the more
places you'll go.
-Dr. Seuss
(I know I quote Dr. Seuss a LOT, but he is one amazing author.)
****
And….
Happy Birthday to Katie!
We had a little Mardi Gras mask making activity.
image

Can you tell who everyone is????

JoAnn

5 comments:

Mimi Sue said...

Love Dr Seuss. Sadly, I'm a stress eater too. Mimi

linda said...

Cute pictures. You should write that childrens book and have the students do the art! It could be awesome.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I have read most of those books! I say I don't read but I used to at least somewhat because I have read a lot of the classics. If you were to get me my hands on the box car children books again I would definitely be willing to read those :)

Joanna and Eric said...

OOo i love to read. I wish I had all of those books! I can't wait until Max brings home book fair notices so we can go get the goods haha.

I love the masks, especially Joshua's. Looks like it was lots of fun!

Irene said...

It looks like Joshua is holding up his mask (instead of ripping it off) I love the book cover art.