So…
What came in the mail that made me so happy?
(Unfortunately, it was NOT the Publisher’s Clearing House Lottery!)
But…
It was Book 2 of my published blog books.
I am so excited to have a hard copy of another year of my ramblings, thoughts, pictures, and history. I don’t write a regular journal, so this is a record of life at
The Gathering Place (our home) during the year 2010.
Besides, it is quite exciting to see my own name as the author and I didn’t even have to be approved by a publishing company, do any editing, or much of anything very technical!
Liz did all that for me. THANKS!
We used a company called LuLu (click to go to their site) and ended up only having to pay $35.00 (we had a $25 coupon) for a 200 page book. Cool!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Here is another update on the playhouse.
My husband is a real craftsman. Do you like his hand made trim above the window?
This is the light by the front door.
He got such a great deal on the siding. Home Depot doesn’t usually carry this wood and he was at the store just as they were having a clearance on it.
Regular price: $18.50 a board. Sale price: $1.00 a board.
Sorry, he bought all they had!
Well, I guess that’s it for now.
We had a wonderful 4th of July and hope you all did, too!
JoAnn
9 comments:
The playhouse is beautiful! I love it. And I'm pretty excited about your book too. Glad you liked it.
I can hardly wait to see the play house! I'm going to have some very envious grandchildren!!!
I love the idea of publishing a year of your blog posts - good for you!
The playhouse really coming along. We have plans for one here too, but such plans are on hold for just a little while....so I'll be watching your progress.
I have yet to publish any of my blog books... it's always on my to-do list. What a great deal you got on it! I know Liz worked hard on it, so I'm sure it turned out great. :) And that playhouse is going to be fancier than most houses around here! Your little grandkids are going to be in heaven with it. :)
I love looking through your Blog books. I am glad that you keep a family history for us because none of us do. The playhouse is looking great. Dad has really worked hard on it.
Katie C.
I think our men would get along...I love the playhouse and I love the siding...that's how my husband shops...oh by the way...I also have the same light fixtures.
Thanks for sharing that site with me..
Question...would she do this for others with Pay included...I love the idea...but with work, and little boys I'm not getting to it...Just thinking outloud.
Sale price $1:00 a board...WOW great deal for sure.
can't wait to see the finished playhouse.
We bought ourselves a really cute cabin that will be here the end of this month....can't wait.
Our house is so small, we needed a "guest house".
My DIL does books from her blogging as well, and I agree, it makes for a beautiful, wonderful journal with neat photos etc.
CONGRATS on your blog book! I've done a few but wasn't really happy with the company I chose - I'll have to look into your LuLu. Was it user friendly?
The playhouse is amazing - such a talented hubby.
Thanks so much for coming by to visit and leaving your comment.
I have been tempted to make a book from may blog many times but with over 650 posts I am afraid it would be very expensive!
The playhouse is going to be a beautiful masterpiece! Your grands are so lucky to have a talented grand father making this for them!
Post a Comment