Sunday, July 24, 2011

Out of the Mouths of babes….

Baby Moses- A Short Story
(as told by Maddie-age three)
“When Baby Moses was born
they called up Jesus. 
Jesus told them to take the baby,
put him in a basket,
and send him over
the waterfall.”
The end
doctored 2
Maddie and Carley
P.S.  We’ve had company and I have neglected this blog.  It was so fun to spend time with my sister Julie and her family!  My friend Phyllis also came to visit- all the way from Cairo, Egypt!  We celebrated Robbie’s birthday with a barbecue cookout.  Fun times, but summer is really fleeing… PLEASE SLOW DOWN!

7 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love the "called up Jesus" part. I really wonder how they come up with the things they do...

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Children have such good imaginations!

We had a few days of over 100 degree weather and high humidity here...I was beginning to hope summer would go away..lol! The TV weatherman reminded everyone that at least we don't have to shovel heat!

Pondside said...

Ah yes - children have a special 'take' on everything! Love it!
Summer has only just arrived and we are half way through already - make it slow down!

Auntie Linda said...

Love that Maddie. She is a keeper! What can we do to make summer slow down?! Lets just sit out on the porch and rock. Never mind. That makes us sound really OLD.

julie said...

JoAnn and family, thanks for a wonderful weekend! I know we were soooo overwhelming, but we are so thankful to you for putting us up and putting up with us! Love you guys!

Mimi Sue said...

So fun to visit with your sister. Love Preston. Our next door neighbor's from there. Her mom still lives there. Mimi

Marg said...

Hey, I hear you...we've had company for a month...from all over and I love them all, but one of the first things to go is negligence from blog posting and reading.
Kids come up with such cute lines.
Keep enjoying your summer.