Last week my sister Linda and I went to our old hometown for a short visit. You might have heard of it before.
Preston, Idaho.
Some really cool people have called it home!
(Images taken from Google)
When we were growing up the population was 3,640. It is a little bigger now, but still has a small town feel. We met up with our sister Diane and Aunt Mardene and enjoyed some relaxing time. (We missed you, Julie!) We ate lunch at a cute little sandwich shop called New York Deli, with the most delicious lemon bars for dessert! We spent hours driving around the outskirts of town, enjoying the rolling hills, canyons, old barns, and beautiful scenery, while catching up on what old friends and neighbors have been up to.
These next two pages are a free brochure put out by the city of Preston and given out at stores like the Gingerbread Shoppe (my sister's fun store)!
We even passed a few of Napoleon’s hangouts.
These old barns really talked to me.
Can you imagine waking up to this view every morning?
We checked out the crops on the family farm.
Mardene and Linda
It was a lazy, relaxing trip, but so rejuvenating to step back to a time and place where so many memories were made.
There’s no place like home!
(I loved living in this house.)
(I loved living in this house.)
JoAnn
6 comments:
I love your little home town. I too have many fun memories of spending my childhood days playing out on the farm with all the cousins. It was always so magical. And I love your pictures. They are absolutely beautiful!
What a cute little house at the bottom of this post.
I KNOW Preston Idaho. I even had a roomate from there back in the day when I was at Ricks College...when it was STILL Ricks College. I just remember her name was Pam.
and I LOVE NAPOLEON. funniest show ever.
Wow! What beautiful rolling hills! I love the old barns--they make such pretty photos.
I have to admit that Napoleon Dynamite movie was confusing at first, but it grew on us as it went along in its silliness..lol
It must have been so nostalgic to see the house where you once lived!
A trip down memory lane can be such a treat. Your home town looks like something out of a movie.
Whenever I start to get tired of traffic, smog, and noise I just plan a trip to Preston. I love the small town feel and the beautiful countryside. It is great to relax and visit with our family there.
Katie C.
Those photos looked so similar to my collection as we sped through Utah last summer. I loved it and would love to do that trip all over again, only in slow motion.
Post a Comment