I liked this quote I saw on Pinterest.
On this anniversary of a terrible event in American history, we should all remember that
the human soul is resilient and amazing.
Courage is never giving up.
Or forgetting.
Brooklyn firefighters George Johnson, left, of ladder 157, Dan McWilliams, center, of ladder 157, and Bill Eisengrein, right, of Rescue 2, raise a flag at the World Trade Center in New York, in this Sept. 11, 2001 file photo.
Thomas E. Franklin took the picture of the firemen for The Record, a daily New Jersey newspaper.
(see article here)
JoAnn
3 comments:
Thank you for choosing that quotation for remembering - it's important to remember not to be defeated by fear - and to never forget.
This is a wonderful quote, JoAnn. I had a heavy heart today as 9-11 deems like yesterday and not 10 years ago. I hope we can all turn this sad anniversary into a day where we can all do good and show kindness. Good to triumph over evil! It would be a fitting way to rememebr those lost lives.
Everyone always said you would remember where you were when you heard the news that day... and it's true. I will never forget. I had just walked into Miss Strassburgs class and all the TV's were on and everyone was sitting around completely in shock. I just wish the feeling of unity that came to America that day would never have been forgotten.
Post a Comment