Going….
Going….
Gone!
Thirty years enjoying its cool shade,
climbing limbs,
rope swings,
and leafy privacy.
Now its gone.
(Yes, we feel a little melancholy.)
However,
We kept some of it.
Things will be a little bare and boring for a while.
JoAnn
P.S. #1 Did you know that all the wood was completely gone by that evening?
The tree company posted an ad in the newspaper and people came and helped themselves- to every single piece.
P.S. #2 We found a much cheaper bid than the first one. It pays to keep looking. (I’d still rather have taken a little vacation!)
P.S. #3 Guess what I got for my birthday? A new camera.
My family decided there were too many blurry photos!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday!....and congratulations on the new camera....but condolences on the loss of that tree.....and the holiday that it might have been..
It was sad to see it go... I will miss it. But at least it's not going to fall on the house now. I love the grinch looking tree picture though.
Happy Birthday and you deserve a new camera...It sounds like you really did the tree a favor or the house.
That's a milestone memory for your family.
Happy birthday! Enjoy the new camera. :) And I can't believe what a process it is to get a huge tree removed!!!
You must have cried to see that tree have to come down. It was HUGE. I love the "after" photos, and the guy standing at the top in the Karate Kid posture made me laugh.
What did they call that move??
can't wait to see what you do with your new camera.
Post a Comment