Last week we went on a walking field to the West Valley Multicultural Center, located near our school. We took off walking amid a soft and gentle flurry of snow falling. About seventy five of us hiked over the overpass and through the streets (over the river and through the woods?) to meet our guides who had planned a fun outing for us.
The snowy walk was well worth the beautiful scenes we were greeted by.
Our guide told us about many different trees decorated by local people with different cultural ties. We saw some interesting trees filled with gifts and souvenirs from many countries.
This tree from the Pacific Island cultures had a wonderful cinnamon smell.
We loved seeing all the gingerbread houses.
This gingerbread house was completely made from candy!
They let each student paint a Christmas ornament to keep.
We had a great time!
THANK YOU WEST VALLEY CULTURAL CENTER!
Does your community have wonderful secrets waiting to be explored?
♥
JoAnn
P.S. Did you know that walking-in-the-snow-fieldtrips make for lovely hair days?
P.P.S. If you would like to see more pictures of the Cultural Center check out this old post.
8 comments:
I didn't know you did that. Looks like fun. I didn't even know they did trees there. I love the candy and gingerbread houses.
Ooh, Maybe I'll have to take Joshua over there this week to see the trees.
That sounds like a fun way to spend time on Christmas week. Bad hair days? Here in the Pacific Northwest with all the mist and fog, every day is a bad hair day! I believe that the natural home of my hair is somewhere in Arizona or Nevada, where the air is always dry!
This looked like a wonderful class outing.
When I visited the Colorado Governor's residence, for its Christmas open house, they had many different cultural holiday displays on exhibit. It was very interesting!
Hi..Guess what I wish we had that kind of snowy day walk...Next year call me and I will volunteer to go with you.
I got your book on Friday when I went to Ship Happens.
Thank-you so much for the festive teatowels and the chocolate is no where to be found...
I browsed through your book and can't wait to dig in when work is finished here.
That's a neat way to share life.
Merry Christmas to you and your family, JoAnn!
Looks like a great place to take the kids. Hope your Christmas was delightful! Mimi
Looks like a great place to take the kids. Hope your Christmas was delightful! Mimi
Post a Comment