Friday, November 20, 2009

Multicultural Christmas trees....sneak peek

Disclaimer: I am not quite ready for Christmas to start yet.
(Not until we celebrate Thanksgiving.)
However....
We went to the West Valley City Cultural Center tonight and saw some pretty amazing Christmas trees representing a lot of different cultures.


(Click on the pictures to see them bigger.)

I think the display goes through the end of December.
It was free and well worth the visit.
(Their web page gives the hours as 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
They often have free concerts and other events at the Cultural Center. We like to go to the outdoor summer concerts and have enjoyed groups such as the Utah Symphony. If you are interested check it out.
Who doesn't like FREE entertainment?

Thanks, Candee, for inviting us to your jewelry show!
(Hope you sold a lot of jewelry.)

JoAnn


P.S. Guess who's having a baby?
Yeah!



8 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Wish I could have come. Yay for Irene and Andrew having a baby!

Lacey said...

Yay for a new grandbaby in your family! We so excited for Andrew and Irene. The Christmas tree displays look so interesting! Glad you got to go and enjoy. :)

julie said...

Babies are so great! Congrats to Irene and Andrew!

Anonymous said...

The trees were really beautiful. I'm glad we had a reason to go see them.

Katie C.

p.s. I am so excited to have a new niece or nephew to spoil!

Anonymous said...

Christmas is my favorite time of the year and I love all the different kinds of tree decorations. What a great way to start off the holiday season.

Congratulations to Irene and Andrew. There is nothing more exciting than a new baby in the family.

Love,
Marcia

Marg said...

I'm back again and so happy to connect with you. You make me want to get out my Christmas decorations...
Do you have a real tree? I have not allowed myself to purchase an artificial one....

Joanna and Eric said...

SHUUUUUT UP!!! HECK YEAH! I was hoping they wouldn't wait. Oh yay, so excited

The Gathering Place said...
This comment has been removed by the author.