One of my New Year goals was to get some of our old photographs scanned in to the computer. Some of the pictures are starting to fade and just won’t last unless we do something to save them. Plus, it is nice to have a back up in case of a fire or disaster.
My husband has been busy the last few days pulling a lot of old pictures out of a scrap book and scanning them (pre-digital camera days).
I’ve had a few sentimental moments as I’ve looked back at earlier times.
This picture made me smile. We had a little fun between camera takes.
This poor picture was a feeble attempt at a Christmas card photo. As you can see, not everyone was willing or happy to cooperate, and notice how we just grabbed everyone “as is” for the picture.
(It was probably just before Christmas and I was feeling desperate!)
This picture at Disneyland, of our baby, Liz, caught my attention, as she is packing to take her family to Disney World. I can see a resemblance to her own daughters.
And this picture brought on a few tears as I remembered how young our children were when we buried my parents.
(Yes, I take credit for the big hair, Heidi. But, permanents were in style back then- at least in Idaho!)
It is a lot of work going back and trying to organize and scan old pictures, but wouldn’t it be sad to loose them!
I’m so lucky that my husband is willing to help me.
I wonder what other interesting finds we have hidden away?
Probably plenty of unflattering hair styles and lots of polyester clothing.
JoAnn
7 comments:
How fun to get to go back and relive so many wonderful memories! I love Liz asleep on her Dad's shoulder... so sweet! I agree with you, I can see the resemblance in her daughters. And I love the hair and the clothing styles... your family was stylin' when the pics were taken for sure! :)
I don't know how I have not seen some of those pictures. Like the one of me on Dad's shoulder. WOW. I was shocked. I didn't realize Brooklyn had much of me in her until I saw that picture. I need to come see all the pictures dad has scanned.
Doesn't Shane look SOOO much like Carson in that last picture? Except for the fluffy white hair! Or maybe I should say Carson looks like Shane. :) Great pictures! Keep them coming!
I love that first "silly" picture. It's hard to capture real smiles in staged pictures, but everyone is so happy in that one.
I wouldn't want to loose any of those photos either. The memories behind every one of our family photos are priceless.
I enjoyed yours.
You've probably inspired a lot of us to go and start scanning!
Love the hair....and remember it well!
Cute bunch of people. I love to look back. You seem to have alot we haven't seen before so keep them coming.
Post a Comment